Friday, June 1, 2012

Road Trip To Surf City,NC

Surf City, is a beach not to far from our house. The drive there is about an hour and half long. One of Momma's friends,wanted to go and get her grandson a skim board for his birthday. Momma said,we would go,so Mrs. Rhonda didn't have to go by herself. We arrived,and went to about 4 different stores, looking a skim board. A skim board is used like a surf board, but you use it in the shallow water,at the edge of the ocean. We rode around a bit, and Momma found a nice beach chair,and umbrella that was being thrown away. We loaded it up, and will use it at the beach when we go again. Momma is quite thrifty. ;)  Dusk fell , Mrs. Rhonda and Momma were getting hungry, and so was I. We had fish plates, and then we were headed back on the road home. Momma,and Mrs. Rhonda were giggling,and catching up with each other. I just decided to have a snooze in Momma's lap, you know there is no place like being comfy in Momma's lap. We had fun as we always do. Although,we didn't make it out to the beach, I was alright with that.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    Looks like a fun trip!

    How y'all doin'? Just hoppin' by for a visit. Hope y'all are having a fantastic and fun weekend!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. See ya soon,BrownDog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snoozing is perfectly fine...I would love to go to Surf City with you some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Petey,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Surf City to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete